I have no doubt I'll be far from the only person talking about Reading for the A-Z letter "R". But I figured I could make this entry double as an update on what I've read so far this year, what I'm reading now, and generally how goal #12 on my list for 2011 is coming along!
So far this year I have read the following books:
- The Gathering Storm - Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
- Towers of Midnight - Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer
- Body Surfing - Anita Shreve
- Piratica - Tanith Lee
- To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee (A'vron Classic Read #1)
- The Brutal Art - Jesse Kellerman
- The Calling - Inger Ashe Wolfe
- Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen (A'vron Classic Read #2)
- About A Girl - Joanne Horniman
- Grotesque - Natsuo Kirino
- Curiosity Thrilled the Cat - Sofie Kelly
- Breakfast at Tiffany's - Truman Capote
And my 14th book is the third read in the Classic Book Reads activity I'm involved in through A'vron - Burmese Days by George Orwell. I'm not far off finishing that, and then I have to make the difficult decision about what to read next! Of course, it's nearly May, meaning that I will have yet another classic book on my to-read list soon. But depending on when I learn which book it is, I may or may not have to order it and then wait for its arrival!
Trisha has read 13 books toward her goal of 25 books.
I'm quite impressed by the wide range of genres I've read in so far this year, and it's only going to get more eclectic by the end! I also want to mention that last month I wrote an entry about what I read in primary school. I still love those books. Hehe.
On some entirely unrelated matters, 1) I was interviewed recently over on J.C. Martin's blog. You can read the interview here. 2) I was recently given a Creative Blog Award by Deirdra, but I have yet to acknowledge it on here. I haven't forgotten it though! I will get around to it properly one of these days. Post A-Z, no doubt.
But back to reading... What are you reading right now?