Tuesday 1 November 2011

National Novel Writing Month...day 1


Day 1 of NaNoWriMo is done for me and I've written 2,148 words. Not what I was aiming for, but not too bad either. My actual aim is to write double the usual required amount, since, you know, I'm writing 2 novels this time. Last year I was averaging 5k a day for the first 6 days or something. I can do it...I think I'm just taking more care this time than I did last time.

I have been guilty already of deleting sentences, paragraphs, etc., so I can rewrite them. My usual style is to just write, consequences be damned (consequences being "oh my gosh that sentence SUUUCCCKKKED!"). But I've suffered a fair bit of trouble in revisions lately because of that WTF-ever attitude, and so maybe I'm trying to reduce what pain I must suffer with these novels in future revisions. I can't let it hamper my chances of achieving my NaNo goal, though! That is the bottom line.

NoJoMo also starts today: November Journalling Month. And while this isn't a journal, per se, I've opted to do NoJoMo here anyway. Just for the heck of it. Why not make things even more crazy 'round here?! And speaking of crazy, I have another Chrysalis story to write. Prompt forty-four, folks!! We're so near the end I can taste it! But what a busy month this will be.

P.S. This month we will see 11/11/11, and at 11:11am (and pm for that matter) we will see 11:11 on 11/11/11. What can I say, I get a kick out of this stuff!

17 comments:

  1. Not too shabby, Trisha. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic start! I am guilty of the same thing -- constant revising. It is a compulsion with me so by the end of the month I have written way more words than required to log "the pristine 50,000"

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I get a kick out of the 11:11 11/11/11 stuff too!

    Fantastic wordage! Good luck with NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Godd job on word count.
    You are a busy girl. I can't imagine doing two novels and everything else you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey 2k is no joke, keep it up. I'm having a hard time keeping writing instead of going back too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, wait...you are writing 2 novels for NaNo at the same time?? *faints* You go girl. I'm going to try one but I'm nervous about even that much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still reckon you did great for your first day. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 novels...wow. That's impressive. I shall be very lucky if I make it through one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your goals AMAZE me. Good for you =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. And today is 11/1/11. Not quite as epic, but still pretty cool. :) And just over 2k is perfectly acceptable. ^^ I'm aiming for 5k.

    I think I'm going to catch up on Chrysalis stories in between books. Finish this one, catch up on stories, write the next one. Oh, and somewhere in there I have to edit my first chapter for last year's NaNo so it can be critiqued.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two novels? Whoa! Very impressive. Happy 11/1/11 : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Psst....I am going for double word count too, so I can complete a full-length novel, instead of half a novel, this month. Experience tells me I won't be able to do it, but experience doesn't stop me from trying. Good job on day 1 and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a friend who is proprosing at 11:11 on 11/11/11, because him and his girlfriend have a personal joke over the time 11:11. How adorable!
    I'm doing NaNo, too. Good luck! Wow, im impressed with two novels at once. I can't hardly manage one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the comments everyone! Glad for those of you who are having fun with NaNo! I'm just itching to get home so I can get back to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy NaNo Writing! Don't worry about deleting a sentence here or there, I deleted an entire page last night. What can I say, I am an obsessive revisionist. But since you technically wrote the sentence twice -- can't you count it twice???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go you on the 2K words! That's amazing! I did it last year and loved it, this year I have quite a bit going on so I've opted out. I'll still be rooting on the sidelines as well as writing but it won't count towards the 50K.

    PS - I'm so with Trisha, lol. Counting it twice would rock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!