Saturday 28 May 2011

Tagged, critique win, blog critique win, award, blogfests

So, I got tagged a while back by the super-groovy Golden Eagle, and more recently by the lovely Danette. So here's what I have to do: answer some questions, then tag some people, then move onto the next part of this entry. Hehe. So anyway, here goes with the first part:

QUESTIONS:

Do you think you're hot?

Ya know, I'm not a traditional "must be a movie star" beauty, but I am pretty happy with myself... However, there's a catch - if you take a photo of me, it's 99% guaranteed to turn out crap and I will hate its guts. And when you put it up on Facebook I'll secretly resent you with a lot of gusto. Hehe. I am NOT photogenic at all.

Upload a picture or wallpaper that you're using at the moment.



This is my current desktop, and a screenshot taken from iTunes' fancy
graphic thingy that you can have going while listening to music. Hehe.

When was the last time you ate chicken meat?

Last night - went out for Thai dinner, it was niiiiice... And yeah,
as I tell everyone, if we had to kill our own meat I'd be vego in a flash!

The song(s) you listened to recently.

Right now I'm listening to "A Harbour Fair" by The Good Ship,
a band I don't really know at all. I'm in the midst of my A-Z listening task,
which I've slacked off a lot on lately, but I'm up to "H" and that's the song
I'm specifically up to. Other than that, I've listened to a few other H songs
today, and the last song I listened to last night was "Panic Switch"
by the ever-awesome Silversun Pickups.

What were you thinking as you were doing this?

Umm, doing what? The survey? Or listening to the song? LOL.
I guess I'm thinking that it's Saturday morning and I'm getting a pedicure
and neck/shoulder massage today, then having a cards night tonight, woo!

Do you have nicknames? What are they?

Do I ever?!?! My name is Trisha (well okay, it's Patricia) and I get all sorts of
shortenings (or lengthenings) of both those. Mum calls me Twiddy,
Twitty, Twit-face, that sort of thing. Her boyfriend has adopted Twitty
as his favourite nickname for me. Most people call me Trish,
but one very suicidal man I deal with at work calls me Pat sometimes.
He really should know better... hehe. In high school I got called Fish Face
by my best friend, until I told her she better stop it OR ELSE...
I also had a "code name" in high school - Carrie.

Tag 8 blogger friends...

  1. Brooke R. Busse
  2. Jenni Merritt
  3. Madeline Bartos
  4. Robyn Campbell
  5. Rusty Webb
  6. Sheery @ Sheery's Place
  7. Charity Bradford
  8. Susan Fields

Who's listed as No. 1?

Brooke, who I THINK I met through Chrysalis but who I may
have known earlier... It all seems like so long ago! LOL.
Brooke is an amazing young writer and great blog-friend!

Say something about No. 5

His blog is cool, it has lots of different stuff - including some great artwork!

How did you get to know No. 3?

Pretty sure it's the same as Brooke - through Chrysalis.
I honestly can't remember which of these gals I got to know first,
they sort of come in a pair. :D

How about No. 4.

Pretty sure I must've met Robyn through the A-Z? :)

Leave a message for No. 6.

"Hi Sheery, good to still know ya!! :)"

Leave a lovey dovey message for No. 2.

"Jenni, I'm glad I found your blog because
I love to keep up with you and your projects!"

Do No.7 and No. 8 have any similarities?

Ummm they are both cool? hehe.


Okay, now that that's done, moving onto the next part of the entry!

I won stuff


The award was that Blog in Fire one that I won recently, so I will just redirect you to that entry.

Some upcoming Blogfests:

I think/hope those are all I've signed up for (i.e. if I've signed up for more, I can't remember, and will probably miss them!! LOL).

Incidentally, somebody on Summer Ross's blog suggested that there may be a current dearth of Blogfests because "we're" heading into summer. So I suggested that my fellow Aussies and I, plus the Kiwis, and anyone else in our region, should take on the task of doing "Summer" blogfests (since for us it's actually winter). However, don't look at me for ideas - I got nothin'. LOL.

19 comments:

  1. All right - I haven't been tagged with this yet - should be fun!

    Your mom sounds worse about making up nicknames then I am! My three kids, dog, and cat all have about twenty nicknames each, some of which have nothing to do with their actual names. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I loved reading your answers and wish I was getting a massage today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the massage but now I need another one. hehe

    I still need to tell everyone they were tagged... bah...it took long enough putting this post together! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're quite on the ball! Love the answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -lame joke warning-
    I guess I didn't run fast enough if I got tagged. I'll go tag someone else then attempt to run faster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoyed your massage and pedicure. Congratulations on your award and critique wins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Danette - figured I would do all this stuff at once since it was all kind of piling up. hehe

    @Brooke - yay for lame jokes!! :D

    @Kari Marie - thanks. The massage was not long enough but other than that it was pretty good. Pedicure was noice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was really cool Trisha. I love your quirky answers.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you enjoyed your mani- & pedi- ...
    Seems like you have your hands full ~ plenty of writing challenges/blogfests coming up ... sounds exciting !
    (Lots of challenges and a shortage of time is what caused me to fall off the Chrysalis Bandwagon LOL!)
    ~MISH~

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Donna - thanks, and cheers for stopping by! :D

    @Michelle - yeah, um, I can totally understand that. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been tagged with this by Medeia. But I love that you tagged me. Love your answers. You rock, chica. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I got tagged twice too.

    The painful part for me with this sort of thing is always finding people to pass it onto - because I don't know who wants them/doesn't want them, or who has had them before. :P But oh well, gotta choose somebody!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could so totally go for a neck and shoulder massage. And a pedicure. Your Saturday night plans sound like heaven. And I disagree about the photo thing--you take a lovely photo! :-)

    Love all your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tagging is such fun. I loved reading all your answers.

    Congratulations on the prize wins! Yay!

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great answers. I love getting to know people through these random questions. Congrats on your wins and look forward to your other blogfest entries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Liz, we can agree to disagree on that. LOL. Don't get me wrong, there's the occasional photo I'm happy with - but most of them make me cringe!

    Ellie, thanks and glad you enjoyed the read. hehe

    Regina, yeah it's fun to see how people's answers vary isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome answers! Thanks for tagging me! Haha, yes Brooke and I are the packaged deal. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  18. *blink blink*
    How do you do IT???? With so many blogfests?
    I'm jealous, but I also praise you for being able to keep up with all. Really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. No worries Madeline ;)

    Akoss, I dunno, don't really worry about it till the day arrives? hehehe. Otherwise I WOULD get a wee bit overwhelmed ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!