Tuesday 10 May 2011

Advice: taken!

As advised by many of you out there, I set SUNDOWN aside and got to work on another of my novels. I chose 2010's NaNo novel, temporarily titled NAUSICAA (yes, I know that there are other works (characters too) called Nausicaa, but damn it, it's from Greek Myth, so nobody else is being original with it either! :P). One of my Goals for this year is to get through a preliminary read-through/edit of this novel. So I guess I've started on that.

I really should be looking at SQUEAKY, since a lot of people seem to think it's my most marketable work. But I'm going by the list, people. The list!!

Reading Update

Just a heads up, I recently finished reading ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and HEX HALL, each book 1 in a series. I loved them both, but found the latter a lot easier to get through. I loved the voice of Sophie in Hex Hall - she cracked me up on many occasions. As for Amy and Across the Universe, I definitely found that book to have more substance, and to touch on much deeper issues. But I can't say I liked it better than Hex Hall, which was pure entertainment. However, I don't condone stealing other girls' boyfriends. :P Currently I'm reading CITY OF BONES by Cassandra Clare. So many series, so few sequels to get on with reading. :P (Yes, I need to order some more books)

You can check out my book reviews here (beware of spoilers).


18 comments:

  1. You're good to set aside a project you are stalled on and work on something else. It is so easy to get bogged down in a project and then get stubborn and refuse to give up. So congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. I LOVED CITY OF BONES! And I haven't yet read HEX HALL, though I plan to sometime.

    PS. Thanks for joining in the Tension Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte - yes, especially when you've been on a roll and want to keep being in that roll, and are trying to MAKE yourself be on it! hehe

    Rachel - no worries, as I said it sounds like a great 'fest! and I definitely recommend Hex Hall, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hope you have a lot of success on your next project. I wish I had more time to finish all the projects I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the frank review you gave of Across the Universe. Every other review I've read has been pretty much cut/past "OMG THIS BOOK IS AMAZING".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the newest edits. I am off to read some more of your reviews now. I am looking for a good book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your project!

    Nice to meet you on A to Z. I couldn't keep up during the month and will continue on down the list.

    Monti
    NotesAlongTheWay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your project. Lists are important ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, good luck with Nausicaa! I read City of Bones, too, and really want to read the rest of the series, but I have so many books on my TBR list. I will get to them someday. Luckily, there are several sequels already with more to come.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Clarissa - it really feels like a slow-going process sometimes doesn't it? I'm pretty impatient to get something done myself :)

    @Michael - well, I did like it but I've read much more gripping books in my time :D I couldn't give it 5 stars if I was being honest with myself!

    @Ann - thanks! :) Some of my reviews are very...short. lol

    @Monti - hi, nice to see you here! Thanks for stopping by.

    @Lynda - thank ya :) and yeah, I love lists!!

    @VB - Oh yeah, I have a massive amount of books to read. I even have one shelf set aside just for "books to read first", and then most of another bookshelf full of other books I have yet to read. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on setting aside something that is holding you back and moving on. There's nothing wrong with that. It helps clear the mind. Have a great Wednesday!

    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    www.authorelizabethmueller.com
    facebook
    Twitter
    Goodreads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Elizabeth :) So exciting about your book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was mentioned in a review. I feel so special. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. You ARE special Brooke :D

    Kari Marie, I loved it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. >.< I have yet to read HEX HALL.
    Across the Universe was a great read. *nods head*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about City of Bones. I've heard mixed things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Across the Universe gave me book-based OCD.

    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/159758084

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!