Tuesday 17 May 2011

My TBR list

I thought I'd list a few of the books on my to-be-read list, just out of interest's sake. GoodReads will tell you I have 129 books on that list, but those are only the ones I've bothered to add yet. I went through and added all the books on my "to be read before any other books" shelf - yep, I have an entire shelf devoted to this. But there is almost a full bookcase of "books to be read after the first books I am going to read". ;)

So the ones I added to the list last night (as well as some that have been on the list since 2009...) are:

  1. Mercy - Picoult, Jodi
  2. The Complete Fairy Tales - Grimm, Brothers
  3. The Earthsea Quartet (The Earthsea Cycle, Books 1-4) - Guin, Ursula K. Le
  4. Farmers and Mercenaries - Drake, Maxwell Alexander *
  5. Phantom Waltz (Kendrick/Coulter, #2) - Anderson, Catherine
  6. Trace (Kay Scarpetta, #13) - Cornwell, Patricia
  7. Of Mice and Men - Steinbeck, John
  8. Shakespeare's Sonnets - Shakespeare, William
  9. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Wilde, Oscar
  10. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Other Stories - Stevenson, Robert Louis
  11. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Twain, Mark
  12. The Anatomy of Wings - Foxlee, Karen
  13. Snoop: What Your Stuff Says About You - Gosling, Sam *
  14. The Importance of Being Earnest - Wilde, Oscar
  15. Bleeding Violet - Reeves, Dia *
  16. Colour, the - Tremain, Rose
  17. The Pilot's Wife - Shreve, Anita
  18. The Crimson Portrait - Shields, Jody
  19. Love and the Platypus - Drayson, Nicholas
  20. Bear is Now Asleep - Verity, William
  21. Spiral (Book 2) - Suzuki, Koji
  22. Ring (Book 1) - Suzuki, Koji
  23. Hollywood Wives - Collins, Jackie
  24. Audrey, Wait! - Benway, Robin
  25. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass - Carroll, Lewis
  26. On Writing - King, Stephen
  27. War and Peace - Tolstoy, Leo
  28. The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure - Goldman, William
  29. Fortune's Rocks - Shreve, Anita
  30. Mutiny on the Bounty - Nordhoff, Charles Bernard
  31. Break No Bones (Temperance Brennan, #9) - Reichs, Kathy
  32. Second Glance - Picoult, Jodi
  33. The Pact - Picoult, Jodi
  34. Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha - Doyle, Roddy
  35. The Meaning of Everything: The Story of the Oxford English Dictionary - Winchester, Simon
  36. Blinking with Fists - Corgan, Billy
  37. Cat Dreamer - Carmody, Isobelle
  38. Lord Minimus: The Extraordinary Life of Britain's Smallest Man - Page, Nick
  39. The Distant Land of My Father - Caldwell, Bo
I'm pretty sure all or most of these are on my "TBR immediately" shelf. ;) Of course, the Alice in Wonderland book may well be bumped to the top, if I reach June by the time I get to my next book. That's what we're reading for the A'vron Classic Book Club June session.

I also want to mention that I am finally the proud owner of some of Isobelle Carmody's Obernewtyn books - I found #4 and #5 in K-mart (I think it was K-mart...) for the major bonus price of $3 each!! So now I just have to order the other 3 books (I'm planning on Book Depository, which will be even cheaper what with their current 15% off by the end of May deal), and I'll have the whole set to date. I'm thinking I may have to wait till 2013 to see the third book of the Legendsong come out. Hey, what's another couple of years - already been waiting since 2002!!

So, basically I've got no shortage of books to read - and this isn't counting all the books I have yet to acquire, like the second Hex Hall book, the second Mortal Instruments book (which is actually in the mail headed my way right now), and other books.

And for a Goals update:

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
Trisha has read 18 books toward her goal of 25 books.

32 comments:

  1. Gosh that will keep you busy for ages. I have only read 3 of those myself :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it'll take me a while, especially since some of these books are huuuge. Of course I am reading the short ones first, on purpose. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me, you're going to be one busy lady! Some great books on that list, and I love the Obernewtyn series. Fun fact, I'm (very distantly) related to Isobelle Carmody!

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's quite a list. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rach - Ooh, that's so cool! I love Isobelle's books :D Do you have autographed copies? hehe

    @Clarissa - thanks, and yeah I know...a wee bit daunting. But it's a list that's been building for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should add Veiled to your list =)
    Good luck!
    S.B. Niccum
    Author Website
    Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! what a list! This yearI've kept my to read list what I can actually see on my shelf. It's taking a lot of WILL POWER! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. @S.B., yes I should! Thanks for the reminder! :D

    @Jessica - for me it's taking willpower not to read several at once. but I just can't work that way. I'm a monogomous reader. LOL. unless i break up with one book before starting to date another. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful list - loved Dorian Gray! I copied down some of them from list that I haven't thought of before. Good luck reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ambitious. :) I've only read four of those. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome TBR pile! Mine is huge too!

    I left you a little something on my blog :D

    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow..what a long list..haha..!

    Noticed you've a few Jodi Picoult's book in the list..think I only read 1 of her books..
    I read Hollywood Wives (Jackie Collins) few years ago..quite enjoyed it..

    Happy Reading..!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recognize only a few of those--you've got a long list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked Picoult's Second Glance and Stephen King's On Writing. I see several titles on my reading list. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a list (And proud to say I've read soeem of those)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. might as well move war and peace to the top, then you won't be as worried about some of the chaff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Brenda, thanks - yeah I look forward to reading that one :)

    @Ciara - thanks! Good thing is there is no time limit on when I have to read these by. ;)

    @Dawn - thanks, i'll check out your blog! :)

    @Graywolfie - I've read a few already, but I know I like her stuff so look forward to reading more! As for Jackie Collins, a colleague told me I HAD to read at least one, and lent me one of hers. This was years ago, and the book is still on my TBR shelf. lol. But i WILL read it!

    @Eagle - tis pretty long I know, but it's just the beginning. ;)

    @Laura - thanks! I've been looking forward to reading "On Writing" for a fair while now!

    @Christina - yay!! :) are you on GoodReads?

    @-E- - thanks for the advice. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've read THE PACT and it was so amazing. I love all Piccoult's books, but I still haven't read MERCY yet. You have a darn great list here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another good Anita Shreve books is RESISTANCE.

    P.S. Just followed you on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Massive list! That should keep you busy for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Goodreads, I'm just getting into the site and I'm totally addicted to it. This is a great list! I'm going to have to add some of these to my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that's quite a list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet reading list! You're gonna finish your Reading Challenge way ahead of time :)

    PS~hope you don't mind if I steal a few from your list to add to mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Trisha. You and I have similar taste in some of your choices. You're the only other person I've seen with Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve on your list. Love it!! Also think her Pilot's Wife has one of the best beginnings of any book I've read. Can't go wrong with Jodi Picoult either. I always recommend Salem Falls to my students when they're studying The Crucible. It is a modern-day take on the story.

    I went for the 100+ Home Girl's Book Challenge. Have read 50+ this year so am on track.

    Denise<3

    Romantic Friday Writers Second Challenge - LOST - Friday 20

    ReplyDelete
  25. Grimm's is very grim. I was surprised at how dark the stories are. Great list to keep you busy. I have quite a pile in the corner of my room.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow, that is quite the list with some fabulous titles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Julie M. - yeah I like everything I've read by her so far too :D But I've got lots left to read!! Gotta love such a prolific writer :)

    @Liz - pretty sure I haven't read that...will add it to my list :) And yay, GoodReads connection! :)

    @KO - yep, I'm thinking so. hehe

    @Julie - oh yeah, I love it too. I was on LibraryThing as well but GoodReads took over :)

    @LB - yep, it's good for a start. hehe

    @Jess - course I don't! hehe

    @Denise - I can thank mum for a lot of the books on my list. ;) She was dying for the day when I'd start reading more than just fantasy. hehe

    @M Pax - yeah, I'm expecting a lot of grimness from the Grimms ;) But can't wait!!

    @WritingNut - it'll keep me going for a while yet, indeed. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  28. Truly, there are so many books, so little time.

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Grimm Brothers are on my list as well. Lizzie and I have read a few together just for fun, but I haven't gotten serious with it yet. I also might eventually read the rest of the Earthsea series. XD

    On Writing by Stephen King, I see you in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Debbie - agreed! But we do what we can ;)

    @Brooke - I'm so looking forward to getting into that. But it's so loooong! So I need to wait till I have the motivation to get through that much grimness. lol

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh neat - let me know if Simon Winchester mentions Tolkien at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I will try to remember that Deniz :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!