Friday 11 March 2011

Race to 200 Blogfest - I'm a finalist :)

I'm very honoured to have been chosen as one of the finalists in J.C. Martin's Race to 200 Blogfest. The other finalists all wrote great stories too - you can vote for your choice HERE.

J.C. was assisted in deciding the finalists by Genna Sarnak @ Reading, Writing, & the World of Words, and I wanted to share what Genna had to say about my entry for the contest:

“Trisha manages to not only create a likeable character in 649 words, she’s written a short-short story that’s able to stand alone! I am very impressed with the ease and naturalness of her dialogue, and the slang certainly contributes to this. The story hits very close to home to me on a personal level, as I, like John, have known many a ‘dickhead’ in my lifetime. The action was very exciting, and the writing is strong in that each detail adds to the progression of the race.”

So I just wanted to thank Genna for her kind words, and J.C. Martin for hosting this awesome blogfest! :D

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Good luck on the final round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime, Trisha! I really enjoyed reading and writing about your story! I look forward to reading more of your writing on Word + Stuff. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Libby, Chaz and Genna! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!