- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Award 15 or so recently discovered great bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
This was getting a bit silly, so I thought I better get on with posting it at last! I want to thank nindogs, Brooke R. Busse, Jenni Merritt and Kari Marie for awarding me this...award. Yes, they awarded this award. To me. Hehe. Anyway, I am so grateful to have received this award from you guys - you are all people whose blogs I really enjoy reading and keeping up with, so thanks!
Okay, so here goes with the 7 things:
- I am listening to Ratcat right now. One song, anyway. Bet you didn't know that before. Hehe. If you want to know, it's the Metro Choir mix of "That Ain't Bad", which is awesomely hilarious. Teenage girls screaming along with all the words - it's just classic.
- I bought my first ever new car at the end of 2009, a brand new Toyota Yaris. Almost immediately after I bought it (and my mum bought her own new car), we started discussing what car we might each get next. Not because we didn't like our new cars but because we were a bit overexcited at the new world that had just opened up to us (for mum it was her first ever brand new car too). ;)
- I've hitch-hiked all over the United States with my dad, and have had some intriguing times; a particular favourite was when we showed up in San Francisco out of money, and had to sleep in a homeless shelter the night. The next day we wound up in a 5-star hotel thanks to some very generous American relatives.
- In 2007 I happened to be visiting the U.S. anyway, and my favourite band the Smashing Pumpkins had recently reformed and were touring. So for the first time ever, I got to see them live - in both Tucson, AZ and San Diego, CA (reviews here). Best night of my life, that SD show!
- When I was a kid I co-wrote a story with a school friend called "Selly the Pain" - it was about a girl called Selly who was a real pain in the butt. Compelling stuff. I don't know if we ever finished book 1 though. ;)
- When I was about eleven I phoned up this singing competition and sang "Without You" (the Mariah Carey cover version) over the phone, coming in at first place that week and winning $100. Apparently all the other winners sounded like me. Or I sounded like them. Heh.
- The first novel I ever started working on is still not finished to this day. It's sitting at about 250k words at present. Don't panic - it is fantasy. :D
So there you go, 7 things!
Now for people who I want to award (in some cases for the second time or more! Just tack it on the end of your other awards, people! :D) this...award to. And there are so many new people I'm following, thanks to the Crusade. :P But yeah, here we go:
- Writing from the Tub ... Carly Bennett
- Sheery's Place ... Sheery Hall
- nindogs - Nina
- Paper Mountain - Brooke R. Busse
- Capricious Existence - Madeline
- Cheyanne with an A. ... Cheyanne Young
- Writing While the Rice Boils ... Debbie Maxwell Allen
- Scheherazade's Journal ... Linda Katmarian
- Demitria Lunetta ... Demitria Lunetta
- Far Seeing Fairy Tales ... Bettie Lee
- Inkpots 'N Quills ... Ann
- Pen, Paper, Lots of Coffee ... Heather Hellman
- The Girdle of Melian ... Deniz Bevan
- Think Dream Inspire - Shari
- Nerd Girl Reads & Writes - Becca C.
The main thing holding me up for so long was getting around to finding 15 bloggers. It's not that I couldn't find any. It's that I could find HUNDREDS! Literally. So it took some time exploring my new friends (sounds kind of dirty doesn't it? I didn't mean it that way!) to add some names to this list. Some of you have indeed already received this award, but I truly do think you are stylish enough to have earned it again! :P
So there you go! Another award done & dusted. Took me long enough. :D