Saturday 25 June 2011

Reading update...and other stuff


Okay, so including today there are 5 days left in June, meaning I have 5 more days of BuNoWriMo. My current wordcount is 42,380, and in the last four days I've written during two. My task today is to write at least 5k, maybe more. Problem is I have to figure out what the hell to write. I've hit a roadblock in all the stories I've been working on. But I figure the best way to go is to read what I have so far, in the hopes that it'll spark the next idea. :)

In other news, I finally received those BUFFY graphic novels I won back on March 7, 2011. Yep, they took a while to arrive, but they are here now, safe and sound!! I've taken some pics which I will upload and share at some later date. For now I want to say a big thanks (again) to Elizabeth Twist for hosting that contest which for most is really old news by now, but for me is still being celebrated. Hehe. I also received...lots of other books. I now have the complete set (to date) of Isobelle Carmody's OBERNEWTYN books, ready to read. But I'm wondering if I should wait till the last two are out. I sure have plenty of other books to be getting on with reading in the meantime. And I also received Holly Black's WHITE CAT, and HOURGLASS by Myra McEntire. As if I didn't already have enough to read! ;)

And now for the actual point of the entry - the reading update. My goal for this year was to read at least 25 books (last year I only read 21), and right now I am on my 25th. After I finished my last read - ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND/THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS, as part of the Classics Book Club I'm participating in this year - I tentatively planned to get stuck into Cassandra Clare's CITY OF GLASS. But as I stared at my TBRRN shelf (to-be-read-right-now, as opposed to the to-be-read-at-some-point bookcase), a slim lime-green title caught my eye. And it called to me. It was THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA by Gaston Leroux. I can thank Teralyn Rose Pilgrim for inspiring me to add it to my GoodReads TBR list, and in general for the fact that I'm now reading it. And loving it!

So I guess I can call that an update. Now I really have to get writing on something other than a blog entry!!

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with the 5k, and congratulations on reading through the 25th book. By the way, I love that drawing up top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the 5k!!

    Try and make something awesome!! Hope you read more books!! and enjoy them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drawing is beautiful. Good luck with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys :) Hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better late than never to receive a gift you won. I won something from a blog contest and never received the prize. Maybe I won the booby prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that sucks Stephen - I wonder if it's still in the mail somewhere?? A dead letter office somewhere? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goal was to read 40 books...yikes, not sure I'm going to though. I really should set realistic goals. I'm sure you'll get your last 5000 words. Go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I figured set the bar low and I'd have a good chance of achieving my goal :P

    Got about 2k to write now. Not too bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 42,000+ words is super-impressive. Just remember that classics just take longer to read, so give yourself a break (and a pat on the back).

    You're rocking these challenges!
    -Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Vicki :) I'm doing okay with the challenges on my plate right now, but I shudder to think of returning to my revision goals :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!