Thursday 2 June 2011

Power of Tension Blogfest - I'm a finalist!

Hey all. I'm excited, because I'm one of six finalists in the Power of Tension Blogfest!! There are a bunch of amazing other excerpts in the finals, and I encourage you to read all of them and vote for the one you like best! You can find links to all the finalists' excerpts HERE.

Voting ends by the end of June 7th AEST time (yay, Aussie time!! :D).

I also want to thank Cally Jackson and Rachel Morgan for hosting this blogfest, which was a lot of fun! I read so many great excerpts as a result of it!

I want to mention that my laptop is really not happy with me and won't let me do a lot of things with Blogger at home. Meaning I have to wait till I'm at work to comment on people's blogs. I'm not sure I should blame my laptop, but if Blogger functions okay at work it can't be Blogger's fault, right??

Now, a BuNoWriMo report for Day #1 (yesterday). I wrote about 1,900 words, bringing my total wordcount for this particular work to about 3,400. I have yet to get started on Day #2's writing session, but I'm almost there! Just wanted to post this first.

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! That's fantastic you're a finalist! I'm about to head over there now to check out all the excerpts.

    I wouldn't blame yourself, Blogger has been quite cranky lately. I hope it gets itself a healthy dose of Xanax soon.

    I'm curious what the BuNoWriMo is. I'm familiar with the regular one, NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah and Trisha, thanks :D

    @Laura - BuNo is just another NaNo, but in June for those who find November harder to swing. I'm doing both, but I guess I saw BuNo as a chance to forget about tedious revisions for a while and just plunge into some mad mindless writing for a chance (last time I did that was last NaNo, November 2010).

    BuNoWriMo has a Facebook page - check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being a finalist - that is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo Hoo! Congrats!

    My first intro to the wide world of blogging contests was when I entered and was a finalist in Dom's "No Fear" contest in January. There's been a lot of blogging since then. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, congrats! I didn't make the cut, but at least another writing friend did. Good luck in the voting!

    -Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trisha, congrats on being a finalist!

    I actually stopped by to say 'thank you' for your support during my A-Z blogging month. I've created a fun "no strings attached" blog award for you and all of the other awesome bloggers who offered feedback and encouragement.

    You can view the award and my thank you note here:
    http://the-open-vein-ejwesley.blogspot.com/2011/06/im-back-bringing-love.html

    Hope you are well and that I see you around in the future!

    EJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone!! :)

    @Zan Marie - baptism of fire eh? But in a good way! :)

    @E.J. - thanks so much for the award, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, congrats, that's awesome!!! Great wordage too--you're on a roll! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Tisha! That's fantastic. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Trisha ! Way to go girl !
    ~MISH~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Off to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coolness Trisha! I'm on my way and ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone!! :) I'm having some 'net issues right now that mean I'm scarce for the next couple of days. But will be back in force asap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!