Commentary is at the bottom, but first, this week's songs are:
- Blue Öyster Cult, "Shooting Shark" - this is a lot more 80s than most of their stuff that I've heard, but I absolutely loooove it (new discovery) (and yes, I do love 80s stuff in general. hehe).
- Janet Jackson, "Velvet Rope" - a relatively recent (i.e. last year or two) discovery as well. Beautiful song, and the album is great too!
- Seam, "Sweet Pea" - a very rockin' alt. rock song, one of my all-time faves by this band, who I discovered by accident because my dad gave me a Seam CD he'd bought second hand and didn't want anymore.
- VAST, "Lost" - it took me so long to finally buy this VAST album (Visual Audio Sensory Theatre) but I am very glad I did, and this song is one of the reasons.
- Mylo, "In My Arms" - I do like the odd bit of dance music, and I can thank a dance-mad friend for introducing me to this guy & a few of his songs that I really like!
- Stabbing Westward, "When I’m Dead" - lovely depressing gothic-ness, I suppose. haha.
- Bullet For My Valentine, "Forever And Always" - this track seems to get a bit of flack from BFMV fans, but I like it! So there!
- Alice In Chains, "Private Hell" - this is from the "new" Alice in Chains, sans Layne Staley. I was a little bit doubtful, personally, about AIC continuing after Layne's tragic demise, but this song is an e.g. of how they're doing it right (in my opinion).
And that wraps up another Sunday Session as well as another week! I hope everyone's had a great weekend, and I'll see you next week!