Tuesday 17 January 2012

The A-Z challenge, 2012



About time I got around to posting about this, eh? Last year I participated in the A-Z blogging challenge, which takes place in the month of April. For me it was a full-on month of blogging by the seat of my pants (yep, pantser at heart over here!), and by the end of it I was sort of scrambling around for anything to write about (my problem was I found too much, so ended up making lists!). You can read the summary of my experience last year in this post, my A-Z wrap up from 2011. You can also see all the posts I made for the A-Z by looking at this label, or by checking out my April 2011 posts.

But we're in 2012 now, and with some excellent news: This year, the A-Z challenge is happening again! It's a great way to meet heaps of other bloggers and it's also a nice way to challenge yourself with creating one blog post a day (except for most Sundays) for an entire month. Sign-ups are from January 30th 2012, so be sure to hop on over to the Official A-Z blog on that day to sign up! It's going to be raaaadical!

Guess what, though? I just realised I'm going to be away from home for the first 5 days of April! For two of those I will be on a plane! Perhaps I'll have to take a chance on post scheduling and hope nothing goes horribly awry! But that's my problem to think on another day. ;)

15 comments:

  1. I have been trying to decide if I'm up to the challenge! April should be kind of busy, and so I'm wondering if I should try it or not. Definitely am going to read your summary post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm giving it a crack. I'll reveal my theme in my next post - I forgot with the last one. I think prewriting has to be the way to go. Bit wary of scheduling - I have trouble just posting a comment sometimes, so I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started blogging in March of last year, and the April challenge really got me into the swing of regular posting. I'm definitely doing it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that challenge. I plan to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to do that this April. I haven't done any blog challenges in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be a total challenge, but I'm going to do it. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love A to Z! I participated last year, even though I ended up posting from Hawaii! I had to pre-write posts to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prescheduled posts for this last year and still found it to be full-on. I thoroughly enjoyed it but it's a huge commitment. Prescheduling helps loads though or at least planning posts and making your A-Z list in advance of what you'll include.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed it last year and plan to participate again. Blogger seems to be cooperating at the moment, so I think you'll be safe in scheduling several posts in advance. I'm usually two posts ahead with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to participating as well. :) I did it in 2011 and had a great time writing my posts and meeting other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did it last month, and I was simply exhausted by the end. It would be nice to plan ahead (hahaha) and have some posts prescheduled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to meet all those new people!
    Panster here too!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  13. And A toZ challenge takes commitment and time... Can understand why you might feel exhausted at the end.
    Scheduling sound like a great idea
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. The challenge last year was brilliant and I'm looking forward to it again this year. It should be great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm giving it a go this year. See you there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!