Thursday 26 January 2012

Awards, round #1

This is what happens when you are a slacker like me. You get an award, and months pass. You get another award, and maybe another month passes. Then there's a sudden rash of awards going around (probably not the nicest way to put it! My excuse is it's gross and hot today and the weather is affecting my brain!) and you get more awards. And then you have to do this single post because it's just getting a little bit silly collecting awards.

Except I'm not going to do them in a single post anymore, because there is one award I want to wait to post about - simply because it would be much easier for me if my top commenters widget was working!! (I've tried three different ones today, and none of them work...what's up with that?) So I'm going to talk about the some of the awards today, and the rest at a later date (hopefully not months and months from now!).

In recent times, I got these awards:

The Thumbs Up from Skunk award, from Brooke R. Busse

What it's about: It's named 'The thumbs up from Skunk award' since "we all feel like stinky, stinky skunks some days" and there are people who "make us feel (and smell) a lot better".

What I have to do: Name one thing that you love about yourself, then pass on the award to as many bloggers as you want to! One thing I love about myself is that I'm creative in so many different areas!

Who I'm passing it onto:
  1. Laura @ Daily Dodo
  2. Jenni Merritt
  3. Ruthie @ Live, Love, Laugh, Write
  4. Lara Schiffbauer
  5. Danette Baltzer


The Versatile Blogger & Irresistibly Sweet awards from Tanya Reimer

What they're about: Well, obviously they're about gorging yourself on pavlova and sitting on grass so green I know for sure it can't be Australian grass...right?

What I have to do: I have to share 7 things about myself...and while I've done this before, I figured it's been so long I may as well do it again:
  1. I detest the hottest of summer days, but love going to the beach when the sun's nearly down
  2. For some reason, people are surprised by the fact that I loooove metal
  3. I was born on July 25th in the U.K. at somewhere around 6:00pm, which kind of means I was born on July 26th in Australia (but my birthday is still July 25th - do NOT want to share a birthday with Australia's ex-PM John Howard. YECH!!)
  4. I always vote for the Green party, and I don't care who knows it! I believe that in this country nowadays, it's the only way I can sleep at night!
  5. I love music festivals but am now thinking I should give them up because they're almost always on disgustingly hot days, and I've got a skin cancer problem (benign, but still, a problem)
  6. The first food I ever ate as a baby was avocado!
  7. I don't like eating any animals that still look like animals. If we had to kill our own food, I'd be vegetarian in a flash. For now, I get to be a hypocrite and eat meat other people killed for me.



Aaaand I'm done (for now). But before I end this section, I want to thank everyone who has given me awards - I really really love that you thought of me! So thank you! :)

In other news, it's Australia Day today! I want to wish my fellow Aussie bloggers a very happy Australia Day!! Here in Perth, we're having hellishly hot weather ("very hot" and "sunny" is a disgusting combination, in my book), and I'm huddling in my air-conditioned living room until the moment when I have to venture out into the inferno for an Aussie Day bbq. I hope the rest of the country isn't frying quite so thoroughly! And that you have a safe and happy Australia Day in which nobody gets punched in the face.

    19 comments:

    1. Um... where are the facts about you?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congrats on the awards! It's tough to be adored, isn't it?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. oh yes, sweetie darling, or as my mum would say, "it's tough at the top." haha

        Delete
    3. Aww thanks for the award!

      Going to the beach when the sun is nearly down... that is something I miss A TON. sigh...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome! And the beach has been a lifesaver for me lately with this hot weather. :)

        Delete
    4. We are both July girls!!
      Congrats on your awards and I hope you have a great Australia Day!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thank you much! I appreciate it very much!! I don't think I was surprised at any of your seven facts... except that your first food was avocado. Babies usually start on rice or oatmeal.

      I'm jealous of your hot weather and super jealous of evenings by the beach! I'm quite ready to feel the warm sun again. (Fortunately it hasn't been a terribly cold winter... but you'd love all the snow we've had around).

      ReplyDelete
    6. Oh and did you try the comment counter that I have. I've never had any trouble with it-- I have had trouble with the Recent Comments thingy I added on but not the counter.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thaaaanks! the original one I was using was, I'm pretty sure, nearly identical to the one you were using...and yet it suddenly stopped working. Oh well, I've got my comment cloud up & running again now!

        Delete
    7. Thank you for the very cute blog award! I haven't seen that one, and I'm so excited to add it to my award page! I'll have to do it this weekend!

      Funny you mention about not eating animals that still look like animals. My sister was like that. We were having fresh cooked trout one time, and she ended up crying! I'm with you that I'm glad we don't have to hunt and kill our own food - I can't kill hardly anything. Even the occasional spider and flies make me feel guilty. Necessary to do, but guilt, none-the-less!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Congratulations on the award. I'm guilty of not passing along awards. I try, really. I need to do better. *bows head in shame*

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I can understand why!! Blog schedules can be pretty tight & they don't leave much room for this kind of thing. ;)

        Delete
    9. Ha! :D
      Thank you so much for the award. Now I get to pass it on to someone else.
      So you won't eat fish head? ;)

      ReplyDelete
    10. Wowee - thanks for the awards! And congrats too :)
      Lxxx

      ReplyDelete
    11. Congratulations on the awards! :)

      I love avocado. I have no idea what my first fruit was . . . LOL.

      ReplyDelete
    12. Wait, you looooove metal? That is kinda weird! And so is the fact that the first food you ate as a baby was an avocado! (Though avos are awesome. You had great baby-taste ;-) )

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!