I figured it's time for a goal update! Last time I updated, I was approximately halfway through July's goals, or possibly less than halfway. Now here is where I'm at:
So far in July, I've:
- reviewed three songs with previously completed vox and sent them to Billy in raw format for him to mix for the album - one of them I added some harmonies to;
- recorded vocals for one of the new songs, titled "The Shade of My Day", and sent an .mp3 version to Billy for approval or ... disapproval ;) - update - Billy approved it and I sent the raw files through;
- got halfway through recording rough vocals for an 8-minute track, then later finished it off and sent it in .mp3 format to Billy for dis/approval - update - after recording some additional vocal harmonies at Billy's request, I then sent the file back ... and it's now approved! :).
So now all I have left to do in July is:
- send the raw files for "Your Love Won't Change" to Billy ;
- go back to the song I've been avoiding for months now, which I have to record new vocals (to new lyrics and, I believe, an entirely new melody) for, and ... do it!!
There are in fact two options for melodies for that last song, so I have to figure out which one I should go with. I hope to get some of this done today, but I had a family event on earlier, and later on a friend is visiting. So, we'll see how I go ...
How are your Julys coming along?