Thursday 24 July 2014

Write ... Edit ... Publish ~ PICTURE x 1k wrds (Jul.)



It's time for an other WEP challenge post.

The WEP is hosted by Denise Covey over at L'Aussie Writing, and it's a fun challenge to participate in once per month.

Here are the details for this month:

FLASH FICTION, POETRY, NON-FICTION, ARTWORK, PHOTOGRAPHY...
TIME TO SIGN UP FOR THE JULY WEP CHALLENGE...OPEN TO ALL...PLEASE JOIN US.
  1. SUBMIT your name to the Inlinkz list below NOW if you wish to participate, or direct link on the due date - July 23 - 25.
  2. CREATE your entry for the monthly theme - July - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words - 1,000 word limit. 
  3. EDIT your entry until it sparkles, then PUBLISH.
  4. POST your entry on your blog on the dates shown - state feedback preferences.
  5. READ other entries, giving feedback as requested

I'm going to share a photo which amuses me every time I see it:


My mum took this photo of me when I was moving out of my first ever home away from home, into my first ever share house away from home.

I lived in a triplex, and the guy you see out the door lived at the other end. There was a lady with a straying eye (one eye) that lived in the middle unit. Anyway, this picture sums up my time in this place - going about my business, and with my nosy neighbour always hovering nearby, watching all the happenings.

My mum got really annoyed by this guy as whenever she popped over to see me, he was there watching. ;)

24 comments:

  1. Ooh, creepy neighbour guy! A good character in a story...he might be remarkable, he might be seriously flawed, or he might just be a super helpful guy.

    I hope you enjoyed your time in the unit.

    Thanks for sharing your pic/explanation. I went with the flash fiction option, and blogger just relented and let me publish.

    Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This guy wasn't a threat or anything, but he was just a bit annoying. :P

      I really loved living there but prefer where I am now, with a lot more privacy.

      Delete
  2. I don't blame your mother for being annoyed with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He called her "karate kid!" once when she came over with her karate uniform on (we did a class together). hehe

      Delete
  3. What a great challenge. I'll probably participate next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty fun. :) A lot of people write flash fiction, but you can also share a photo, an artwork, a poem, or whatever else you can think of. :)

      Delete
  4. A nosy neighbour - a bit creepy though. The picture is quite enigmatic - conjuring up all sorts of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it did have a certain creep factor. Mostly just annoying, though. :)

      Delete
  5. Perhaps you were the most interesting of the triplex inhabitants?

    I would be a little leery of that guy too. You never know what the 'neighbors' will be like when you first move in. I like the pov of the photo. Inside shots which show a door to the outside always make me want to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do like my privacy and I guess he took away from that a little bit, just by lurking outside. :P But he was harmless, pretty much.

      Delete
  6. Our darling moms. Wish I had paid more attention to her advice when I was young. Great photo. Some moments are precious, some life altering, some are eternal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily for my mum, I wasn't too naughty growing up so she didn't have to give me too many talkings to. ;) But she sure is a darling mum, I will say that!

      Delete
  7. I grew up with a nosy neighbor. My mom loved it. Had her watch me every time they left town.

    Love those pictures that bring back a whole rush of feeling and memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, well that was useful. We had a nosy neighbour growing up, too - she's still our friend. But she was the kind of nosy that knew if you had bought something new, because you'd come home the same day to find it gone, because she'd borrowed it to see how it looked in her house. ;)

      Delete
  8. That is a creepy neighbor. If I was your mom, I would get mad at him too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely was more annoyed by him than even I was. ha.

      Delete
  9. Creepy neighbors - always good for stories later on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nosy neighbours - ghastly when you've got to live alongside, good for laughs later on. Like the photo and the symbolism of the open door.

    Best wishes,
    Nilanjana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this photo is a family favourite because of the meaning behind it. :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Trisha
    A roving eye and the silhouette of a watchful neighbor. Life is interesting.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perhaps nosy guy had a crush on your mum? Ah moving day, I've had too many of those. I'm glad I was finally able to purchase my own home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly he did - she's pretty spunky! hehe

      Yeah, I am happy to be a homeowner as well (for just over a year now!)

      Delete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!