Tuesday 1 July 2014

BuNoWriMo report card ...



June is over, and so is BuNoWriMo. This year I was a BuNoRebel (hence the image above), and edited instead of writing fresh new words never written before.

I didn't do the best during June - but I did something, at least. I started out the month still working on the very pesky Chapter 13 from SQUEAKY. I ended the month still stalled on an equally pesky Chapter 16. That's progress, sure, but it's the usual hard slog.


This month I am going to be concentrating on music as my number one priority. I sort of have a deadline of July's end to get a bunch of vocals done for my bandmate Billy's debut album (we are in my band together, and I contribute a lot to his band's songs as well).

There is one song that I've been wrestling with for months now, trying to get the vocals right. I really can't wait to get that one done. There are three songs I need to revisit one last time to add any last-minute vocal harmonies if I feel like it. And there are still more songs I haven't even started on yet.

I haven't really had much inspiration this year for any of my creative projects, music included. So everything has been a bit of a struggle. But I am getting things done, still, and that's what matters.

Now I just have to speed things up and get things done ... faster!

Sometimes it helps to have someone else's expectations pushing you along. ;)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha .. just moving on helps, even if it's slow .. I'm sure the right words and music will slot into place .. good luck with your songs for this month, and for any writing you do .. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilary - of course last night I had been determined to at least listen to the three 'done' songs, but instead I cleared some crap out of my garage for the verge pickup we're having in my neighbourhood this week. ;) Maybe tonight I will get those songs listened to!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you sang in a band! That is very awesome. Hope you get the song for your friend's band down pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, technically it started out as me being in my own band, alone. But then I was approached by my bandmate who asked me to contribute some vocals to his songs. And I suggested he might like to collaborate on mine as well. It went from there :) We have one album out, "my" / our debut, and right now we're working on his debut!

      Delete
  3. You'll have to post a vid of your vocals one day! And I'm with you on editing. November will be here before we know and I just want to get my ms finished before then so I can get underway on a new project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise,

      I have listed my videos here:

      http://www.zelphidstudios.com/video/

      But most of them are just me and a guitar, not the stuff from the album. The first video is the promo Billy put together for the album. :)

      I know the feeling about the 'race' to November - I am worried I won't have much done at all by then. ha. But I am determined to get stuff done!!

      Delete
  4. You have a diversity of pursuits and I think that's important for ones creative health. Music is a great outlet.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee - I definitely like to pursue a range of creative interests.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your music. You have such a great voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. :) So far I have sent of the three "done" tracks to Billy. Now I have to get on with the new work. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!