Friday 7 June 2013

The Aberration Blog Hop



Lisa Regan is hosting this blog hop in celebration of yesterday's release of her second novel, Aberration - congratulations Lisa!!

The details of the blog hop are as follows:

Definition of ABERRATION
1 : the fact or an instance of deviating or being aberrant especially from a moral standard or normal state
2 : unsoundness or disorder of the mind
3 : an aberrant individual
— ab·er·ra·tion·al  adjective
From the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary 
What:  The Aberration Blog Hop: Finding the Most Aberrant Characters
Where:  Sign up here
When:  June 6 & 7, 2013
What to do:  All you have to do is list your top 5 choices for the most aberrant characters in fiction, television or movies.  Also, if you're a writer, you can then include a short paragraph about who you think is the most aberrant character from your own work.

So, without further ado, these are just a few of the characters I can think of off the top of my head that definitely fit the term "aberrant" (and please note that if you've never seen the legal drama The Practice, there is a rather big spoiler in the bullet points below):

Aberrant characters

  • Sylar from Heroes
    • the guy is just plain evil, and from what I've seen of the series so far, he's got no hope of any sort of redemption
  • Max Guevara from Dark Angel
    • she's not evil but she's definitely not natural. And even amongst her own "aberrant" kind, she's special. Love this show!
  • Hannibal Lecter from Silence of the Lambs
    • this was the first character I thought of when I thought about moral aberration. Definitely one of the creepiest, most memorable characters ever!
  • The reavers from Firefly
    • these dudes are also plain evil, and plaaaaain gross.
  • George Vogelman from The Practice
    • OH GOD! I am still not over this. I still remember the shock and horror I felt when the truth was revealed.

12 comments:

  1. I loved Dark Angel. Hannibal sure is memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Lisa! This is an excellent bloghop. And OK, I need to watch more TV dramas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I totally forgot about The Practice! I used to love that show and George Vogelman scared me to no end. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great picks, the reavers were just hungry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Syler!!!! What an awesome pick! Love it! Great list and thanks so much for participating. (Now I kind of want to watch The Practice!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The reavers were indeed awful. I think Hannibal Lecter is number 1 on the list of aberrant characters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sylar is definitely a great choice, Heroes had a real bad...bad guy. Saw the Reavers in Serenity, truly awful. Lecter is a classic. Don't know the other two. You made some great picks. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I need to watch more television because I don't know who this Sylar creep is. But, yeah, Lector seems to be the most aberrant character ever created. Full consensus on that in this blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw Hannibal mentioned elsewhere... he is unforgettable! *shudders*
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lecter is making it on a lot of lists, even mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sylar was great. I do miss that series! But he did have some close to redeeming qualities you learn about later. :) Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great list! You came up with unique choices. The only one I thought of was Lecter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!