|The rules of the award are:|
So without further ado, here I go!
Seven Things About Myself:
- I'm a cat person, for sure. I love animals in general, but there is just something special about that "bitchy" cat attitude a lot of felines exhibit. Then again, I've got proof that cats can be perfectly smoochy, in my kitty Beyoncé. She was a foster kitty I decided to keep - how could I turn her away when she was the cat I'd always dreamed of (snuggly, cuddly and loyal). Weird, I never thought I wanted a dog, but apparently I've got one in this cat. Hehe.
- I can sing in tune. In the past I didn't tend to advertise my singing because I find it a little awkward to be so overtly self-promotional. Guess I'll have to get used to that kind of thing if I ever want to be published, right? But music is different. Still, I can indeed sing, and I've written many a song.
- My parents are New Zealanders (Kiwis as we call 'em), my brother's Australian living in Canada, and I was born in the United Kingdom. I've got two citizenships, Aussie and U.K., which makes it handy when you're lining up at the airport and have to choose a line. But my U.K. passport has lapsed. Yikes. I better get on replacing that!
- I've had an online "diary" for over 10 years at a different place, but it was only in December 2010 that I finally decided to start a blog to talk specifically about writing, and to focus on that. Networking, they call it. Well, since I've started this blog I've found lots of cool people and have begun to wish I'd signed up here a lot sooner! Oh well, better late than never, right?
- My favourite band is the Smashing Pumpkins, hands down, no question, forever and ever and ever. If you think their albums are where it ends, think again - they've got an incredible collection of b-sides and rarities for you to feast your ears on. Billy Corgan is my favourite musician and I still hold out hope I'll get to marry him someday. What? A girl can dream. And there's something about that bald head... I love the guy who plays Lex in Smallville too. What's that about? Hehe.
- I've never smoked a cigarette in my entire life. Never even taken a single puff. Saved me a lot of money, for sure! And while my lungs have still suffered from passive smoking, I guess that's life in this day and age.
- When it's been raining and I get home, I hop out of my car and move all the snails off the driveway to ensure I don't run over them. Sometimes it can take me a while, out there in the rain, moving all the adults and the baby snails to the safety of the grass. Only to be trod on later by passing pedestrians, no doubt. But still, I didn't kill them. I also rescue mice and rats (at least the baby rats) from my cats and throw them out in the empty lot at the back of my place. Recently I had to rescue a baby mouse that was so young it barely had its fur!
Ok, so that's it! I'm done. Thanks again Sheery. :D
Now for the 15 bloggers (and their blogs, naturally) I award in turn! I know some of you have had this award before, but...well...you guys deserve it again! :P Okay? Okay.
- Bronwyn's Writing Blog ... Bronwyn
- nindogs ... Nina
- Lynda Young ... Lynda
- Whole Latte Life ... Joanne
- Cheyanne with an A ... Cheyanne
- Pen and Chocolate ... Griffinclaw
- Opening the Vein ... GriffinFledgling
- Musings of a Palindrome ... Hannah
- The Eagle's Aerial Perspective ... The Golden Eagle
- Falen Formulates Fiction ... Sarah
- Paper Mountain ... Brooke
- Writing While the Rice Boils ... Debbie
- Shayda Writes ... Shayda
- This Is Not My Day Job ... Guinevere
- Cinnamon Quill ... Keri
Phew! Done for realz! Back to your regular programming, ya know? :)