Wednesday 11 June 2014

BuNoWriMo (or EdMo) progress



In June's edits I'm up to Chapter 16, titled "Give me chaos on the streets" (SQUEAKY has chapter titles, unlike most of my novels).

I've given the chapter a preliminary read-through and edit. It's a short chapter, and feels like it needs something added on the end. It also needs a bit of fleshing out elsewhere.

Chapter 16 contains the most dastardly event to occur so far in the story (and that's saying something, since a previous chapter featured an epic battle that didn't end well for most of the creatures involved). So things are really heating up for Squeaky and his law enforcement pals.

In short, they've got a whole lot more enforcing of the law to do all of a sudden.

So, June is chugging along. It's going way better than May did. But I'm definitely not on the Express train zooming towards my destination.

I'm just chuggin' along. And I'm okay with that, just so ya know. :)

18 comments:

  1. Progress is progress, regardless of the pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alex. Small steps are still steps :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and any kind of step is better than none at all! :)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it seems like even a miracle *to* be working, so you are doing AMAZING!!!!! Keep pushing. Keeping getting those words out. One word at a time. And I also want to thank you for your kind words on my blog today. Really means a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it feels like a bit of a miracle right now that I'm doing anything. :)

      Every step seems to be a push right now, but I'm doing it.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting somewhere! I know how frustrated you sounded in previous posts. Just remember...words come when they come! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. It has been a bit of a struggle. But I'm starting to feel more motivated about all things creative.

      Delete
  5. Chugging along is better than being stopped in your tracks. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chugging is good! Better than my stalled-and-at-the-pit-stop. Love the chapter title :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half the fun of this story seems to be the chapter titles. I get to be really silly in them as well.

      Delete
  7. I'm chugging through an outline so I understand. I figure at least I'm moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, something is better than nothing! I always feel so terrible when I actually do nothing.

      Delete
  8. Well done! Glad to see your chuggin along on edits. I should be editing and opened my doc up to do some the other day and then didn't get any done. Long story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened to me - went to start editing one of my novels, then realised it was too hard. :P

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! Chugalug gets you there faster than nothing at all. I wish you the best on enforcing law stuff. :)

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!