I usually finish out each year with a review of what I achieved in the year just gone. So far I've got 2011 and 2012 reflections, and now it's time for 2013's.
First off, you can see my original goal list here. Also on that page you can see my latest updates which reflect the things I did and did not achieve. But I'll mention a few here:
- make over this blog (and I think it's due for another makeover now)
- read at least 30 books (so far I've read 48)
- write at least once a week in this blog (or at least I will have achieved this after I post this month's Cephalopod post :))
- write one Globetrotter post per month [except April]
- write one (or more) book review(s) per month [except April]
- write 1k of new story per week
- participate in BuNoWriMo 2013
- participate in NaNoWriMo 2013
I did not
- read the 4 books I've been trying to read for many years - but now that I know I can read them on Kindle, I might actually be able to get them read at last!
- write one "Out & About Me" post per month (I missed September)
- post one music video per month with brief commentary (epic fail! Didn't do a single one)
- participate in NaNoEdMo 2013 (pretty sure I didn't do this; have no recollection of it anyway)
- read/edit SQUEAKY
- finalise & revise (2nd revision) SUNDOWN IIb
- finish 2nd revision of DAPHNE
- create at least one new piece of fine art per week
- scan at least 100 photos/documents per month (my scanner is also broken, so ...)
I won't even bother to talk about the "would like to achieve but not holding my breath" goals I set myself, because I definitely achieved none of them. But the above list tells me I did achieve a fair bit in 2013, even if I also failed on a few things I would have liked to achieve. All in all, I'm considering 2013 a year of high productivity in the writing area, but a bit of an epic failure in the revision area.
2014 will be different, I vow!
Sometime soon I'll outline some 2014 goals (but I can tell you now there won't be nearly as many as what you see above).