(thank you everyone for the comments on the last post :) It is pretty exciting, but also weird! :) )
I feel that I have totally lost the plot (no pun intended, got plenty o' plot!) when it comes to 2013's goals. These are goals I set myself before the year even began, and as usual I was feeling all pumped and determined and capable. I guess I still feel perfectly capable, but I keep thinking that I'm going to get everything I want to achieve done "after I've moved house" or "after I've done those songs for Billy" or "after I've fed the damn cats".
I can say that I've achieved some things already:
- Written at least 52 weeks' worth of new words - my goal was 1k a week, but I've stuffed all those words into June and the beginning of July with my BuNoWriMo project
- Made the blog over - including a change of URL that some people still haven't found :)
- Won BuNoWriMo 2013 with my story lamely titled SMALL TOWN.
I'm also well on track with these goals:
- Reading at least 30 books in the year - I've read 25 so far
- Sorting out all my papers and so on to be digitised - done a fair bit of this, though totally abandoned it at the moment while I gear up to move house.
But with things like these, I'm either not on track at all, or have already failed completely:
- Writing once a week (at least) in the blog, including "Out & About Me", book reviews and Globetrotter posts - I've done all these, but forgot about the video clips! Oh well, maybe my A-Z challenge theme this year can count here??
- NaNoEdMo!! Once again, I forgot all about it
- Creating one new piece of art per week - I did a few but this is one of those goals I'm "putting off until [insert good time of year to stop putting it off here] ..."
- Attending one body balance/yoga class per week. Haven't been for months now.
I'm not that depressed about any of it, though. And next year I am looking forward to adopting a different approach to achieving what I want to. :)
How are you faring with your goals so far this year?