"The doorbell rings, [and] you go to the front door and cautiously swing it open. No one there. You cast your eyes to the ground [and] see a parcel addressed to you ... from you. You scoop it up and haul it inside, carefully prying it open. Inside is a shoebox -- sent from ten years in the future -- and it's filled with items you have sent yourself. What's in it?" - Nicki Elson
These are the things I would send myself from ten years in the future:
- A letter from my (soon to be) home loan provider congratulating me on having managed by some miracle of determination to pay off my home loan in ten short years
- A photo from the day I finally wed Mr. Billy Corgan (I've been "engaged" to the guy for decades now, despite his complete lack of knowledge of said arrangement)
- The stubby end of a boarding pass for a rocket that went to the outskirts of Neptune (with me on it)
- A ticket from a Type O Negative concert I went back in time just to see (RIP Peter Steele)
- A picture of me with my first book contract and another of me at my first in-store appearance ;)
"All you have to do to be a part of this happy hop is sign up on the Linky List, and on March 1st, post your list of joy - with a minimum of five things that put a spring back in your step!" - Kyra Lennon & Clare Dugmore
Kyra and Clare are apparently depressed by winter and felt the need to focus on the warm fuzziness. Well, I say they can have all this warm and sweaty grossness we're getting here in Western Australia, and heck, they can keep it! So here are my cold and shiny points of Autumn cheer for ya:
- I'm soon to buy my very first apartment, and I'm super excited!
- This arvo I am going to catch up with an old friend (from Finland!) I haven't seen since 2004, since she's visiting my town
- It's Friiiiiday!!
- I have a little pad of post-its that are in the shape of a star - how cute!
- This coming Monday I'm going to see Metallica for the very first time - woooo! :)
I could have mentioned much more obvious things, like my awesome family, friends, good health, living in a relatively free country, etc., but I thought I'd be a bit more frivolous.