It's been 2 years since I started this blog, and things sure have changed a lot since then. I've discovered an amazing community full of very giving, entertaining and enthusiastic writer blogger people, and I feel so very blessed to be part of this community. THANK YOU to everyone who has visited me here - I'm glad to know you!
Today I'm sharing details of a giveaway I'm hosting (see below), but first it's time for my Baby Faces post, in which I shall share with you some of my baby pics. Danette's post reminded me that I should probably include the requirements again, just as a last-minute reminder. So here they are:
What are the requirements?
- Between December 2nd and 3rd, post a pic of yourself as a baby, and/or;
- Tell us a story about when you were a baby (no doubt you can't quite remember it yourself, but you've probably heard some stories from other members of your family).
And now for my pictures! I think these were taken in a photo booth, and I know we were still living in the UK at the time. You can see my Dad's hands holding me up:
And my personal favourite...
I've always been a face puller, clearly even since babyhood. In recent years a friend told me she looks at these pics whenever she feels down, 'cause they make her laugh. ;) Okay, that's it for my baby faces post/story, but be sure to check out the other blogs participating in this hop (I can't wait to! I've seen that some of you have posted already, and I'll be there to check out your baby faces shortly!):
I am not a great contest hoster, as most of you know already, but today I want to give something back for sure, so I am giving away these prizes:
- 1st prize - any 1 book from my selections below, or a book of your own choice, from the Book Depository (value = $10)
- 2nd prize - any eBook(s) written by one of our author friends who comments on this post (value = $5)
- 3rd prize - an ebook of your choice (value = $3).
All winners can also opt to receive a Christmas card from me via snail mail, if they are interested. :)
My book choices for first prize are:
- Dean Koontz's TWILIGHT EYES (my fave DK book and one of my fave books of all time. There should have been a sequel!!)
- Rachel Hawkins's HEX HALL (book #1 in a series, just FYI)
- Jesse Kellerman's THE BRUTAL ART
- John Marsden's TOMORROW, WHEN THE WAR BEGAN (again, book #1 in a - completely - epic series)
So, leave a comment below if you want to be in it to potentially win it, and I will draw winner(s) in a week.
In closing, thanks once again to all the folks who read my blog and especially to those who leave the occasional (or much more than occasional!) comment. I love that I've met you guys and I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)