I'm still achieving some things, I suppose, but I'm behind in most of my goals, and it's going to take quite some effort to catch up. I know I can do it, but I've also realised this year that if I fail at some things, it's not the end of the world. I suppose I've given myself permission to fail, here and there. I have failed, here and there - like with NaNoEdMo, dismail failure there. I don't really want to take that too far, though...'cause who wants to feel okay with becoming a slacker?
|Perhaps instead of working on my goals,|
I'll just stare at this photo for a while...
Ahhh, Australian winter!
- Preliminary read through/edit of FIRE
- Write 50k for BuNoWriMo 2012
- Finish off NaNo 2011 novel #1 (DANNA)
But I still have to do the following:
- Finish off NaNo 2011 novel #2 (VICTORIOUS)
- Win NaNo 2012
- Rewrite DAPHNE from scratch (I am thinking I'll probably use November to do this one)
- Revise all Chrysalis stories (I'm only up to #11...yikes!)
Amongst other miscellaneous things (photo sorting, blog posting, song writing, etc.).
But what am I doing instead? Working on my rewrite of SUNDOWN. It's fun, it's exhilarating, I love it. I guess I should give myself permission to do what I love, instead of what I said at the end of 2011 I would do. Right? But I'm one of those weirdos who really wants to do what she said she'd do, even if it's a little bit akin to watching grass grow.
How's this year shaping up for you so far?