I'm fashionably late for this, as I forgot it started yesterday...ha. Silly me. Anyway, I guess this way I'm more 'in tune' with my northern hemisphere pals, for many of whom it may still be the 16th of July...only just! Anyway, this is such a cool idea for a blogfest. Here is what it's all about:
We all know how important those first and last lines are in every chapter. This blogfest will hopefully get your HOOKERS and HANGERS polished making it impossible for readers to put down your book and leaving them begging for more!
On July 16th, post the first sentence from each chapter.
On July 18th, post the last sentence from each chapter.
Post as many as you like!
We will be judging everyone’s first three HOOKERS and first three HANGERS. We'll each pick two winners (MOST ENTICING HOOKER and MOST IMPOSSIBLE HANGER) making a total of ten winners! Winners will receive a 10 page (double spaced) critique and a Friday Spotlight on FFF! - Hope Roberson
- Eyes to the front.
- First she faints, drawing all that attention to herself.
- Dreaming of Mack Wilson is not a good sign.
- “Your girlfriend is stalking me.”
- Once he’s done lying to Melinda, and I’m done caring about what he sent to her—did he tell her I’m crap in bed?—we settle into two chairs facing each other over one of the small classroom desks.
- I don’t need a capture chamber this time.
- The marshy air fills my lungs like rising damp.
- It happens at night, when the world is so quiet I can hear every thought whirling in my head.