Wednesday 3 April 2019

I am still alive in 2019!


Sharing some of my art, because I feel like some graphics
are needed.
Well, hello there!

Ummm, so yeah. It's been ages since I last posted! I'm probably going to be saying that for every future blog post I do, until I someday get back into the swing of posting regularly. I'm not sure when/if that will happen, but I still have a big soft spot for this blogging community so I hope it does.

I think one thing that's affected my blogging here is that I'm in touch with a lot of bloggers I met here via other means - on Facebook or Instagram namely. I'm also not really writing or editing at the moment. Things are very busy (again) with the cat rescue, and it's that time of year again when we have to prepare our financial documents for the annual audit. So that's taking a lot of focus.

I have many story ideas churning away in the back of my head, but really do want to concentrate on editing what I already have. The same old problem that I'm always tackling!

On the music front, my bandmate is already working on new songs for the next Woody's A Girl album, and he has asked me to send through songs that I'd like us to work on as well. I'm still working on narrowing down the list, but one problem I've run into is that some songs are missing tabs - I never recorded the tabs at the time I originally wrote/recorded the demo versions of the songs. So that's a slight spanner in the works. Still, I have enough of a list to send through to him as it is.

Elsewhere, I'm still a part of the little critique group, and comment on other members' shared excerpts when they're posted, etc. But I haven't posted anything new myself in quite some time.

Another thing that I'm getting off to a slow start with this year is my GoodReads Reading Challenge. I'm something like 7 books behind schedule, partly because I read some really tedious books that took ages to get through. I'm hoping to get some good reading time in to catch up. And speaking of reading, I'm part of a workplace book club that meets every 6 weeks or so (I think). We've already read one book, and we're currently reading the second. So I'll be checking out books I probably wouldn't usually as a result of that.

Anyway, I'm hoping that once the cat rescue stuff calms down again, I'll have more time for my creative pursuits. I do miss it when I'm not able to really get stuck in, so it's not like I'm not motivated.

I hope you are all doing well out there. Let me know what you've been up to!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha!
    It's wonderful to hear from you.
    Sounds like you are very busy with the cat rescue programme!
    Even though you may not be actually putting pen to paper (or is it fingers to keyboard?)remember that all life activities/pursuits influence your creativity and form an integral part of your stories... one way or the other.
    The many-story-ideas-churning-away-in-the-back-of-your-head comment made me smile - it's just who you are.
    I've cut back on the number of books in my Goodreads challenge this year. But I'm on track.
    Reading? I NEVER need motivation to read. I can read all day! I love the idea of a workplace book club. Nothing beats the physical get-togethers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is who I am - always have too many story ideas and not enough polished works ready for publication. haha

      I wish I could read all day - sadly the dayjob gets in the way of that ;)

      Delete
  2. Good to hear from you!
    Cool you are working on music for the next album.
    I'm still working on a story and will take time off this month to focus on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great, Alex! Is it in the Cassa-verse? Well, I guess I should check out your blog and find out. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Trisha - good to see you ... and you've lots going on - the Cat Rescue side of life; while your creative ideas must be longing to be released - good luck with the new songs ... lovely you have a friend to work with on those - and one who obviously keeps you on your toes with wanting new stuff.

    Books - I've managed to find a group here down the coast - so I expect to be reading some interesting books ... ie be forced to read books that fall into the group. Lots of interesting books on the go - but I'm not good at just reading ... perhaps I'll take a book out, walk to the sea and read for a while ... doing both exercise and reading in one fell swoop.

    Love the art - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one problem with my reading so far this year is that I've read some books that I struggled to get through. One I even gave up on partway through, which is a waste of reading time that could have been spent elsewhere. ;) Oh well, hopefully I will catch up soon!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you're busy and happily so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time. Sometimes the cat rescue stuff is stressful!

      Delete
  5. Reading and writing takes up most of my free time, with a little netflix thrown in. I'm currently enjoying book three of the St. Mary's Chronicles and Sabrina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I watch a lot of Netflix too! I'm currently somewhat obsessed with K-dramas ;)

      Delete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!