Monday 16 October 2017

NaNoWriMo 2017



So, I had my plan all figured out for NaNoWriMo this year, with my 'beat sheet' written up and discussed with my critique group (though not in any great depth at this point). Then, boom, bam, lightning strikes and I get another idea ... which has sort of taken over my first idea.

I'll probably still start off writing my first idea during November, just because that was my original plan. BUT the second idea is really consuming me and I'm dying to start writing it. Currently I'm writing up scene summaries for what I'll be writing, and filling in any gaps that show themselves. And no matter how many notes I wrote, my excitement doesn't diminish. Ohhh, I love this inspired feeling!

Of course, before I can really get stuck into NaNo, I have my last two assignments to complete for my studies - and they're big ones hanging over my head. I also technically have to complete my research project which is a rather mammoth undertaking. So while I'm excited about NaNo, I'm super stressed about my studies.

It's a weird sort of situation to be in.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha - good luck ... your studies and your research come first ... but NaNo can be a gentle sideline - all the best though -cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of writing in your future.
    Hope you finish your assignments first. For NaNo, no reason why you couldn't write both stories next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck getting it all done! Maybe you could do 25,000 words on each?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has signed on to do it again this year.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trisha!

    All the best! I do hope you manage to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!