Sunday 23 July 2017

Anybody got time for dat? (beta-reading)


This is a quick entry to ask if anyone is in a position right now to be a beta reader for me.

I have a novella that I thought I would be fleshing out more (at least, that's what I said last year), but having just skimmed through it myself and made a few tweaks, I'm not sure if it actually needs fleshing out.

I can think of some areas that may do, however it could result in me adding words that don't need to be added. So I'd be curious to get others' thoughts on this before I do anything drastic. Here are the details:


Title: Die Beachside (working title)
Word Count: 32,805 (Scrivener)
Blurb: During her first year at university, Megan meets Avya, a fellow student who rather than living in student accommodation lives on the local beach in a cave.

The two girls clash at first, but eventually Megan becomes a confidant for Avya, who shares a scary secret - she's being stalked. In light of a recent unsolved murder in the area, this is especially worrisome. It also reminds Megan of difficult experiences in her own past, and she starts feeling paranoid.

She tries to protect Avya however she can, but campus security don't seem to want to take her seriously. Can Megan figure out who Avya's stalker is before something goes really wrong - and before she herself is put in the path of danger?

P.S. There's romance with a dark, brooding character too.

Let me know if you are willing to read it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha - I do hope someone steps forward. The piece you've given us here sounds intriguing ... but sorry - rather too much going on here ... good luck - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help, I am afraid, but good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!