Monday 26 June 2017

Editing, music, and study

Latest revision update - I think I might be at the point where I can leave SUNDOWN III alone and let it stew for a while. I've continuously been tweaking bits and pieces, but now even though I recognise bits that I want to improve, I'm committed to leaving the poor thing alone and letting it settle after being thoroughly worked over.

I have started to look at fixing some of my novel ON THE OUTSIDE now. That's another book I've read and re-read over and over on my Kindle, and have wanted to edit for ages. I may not do a proper systematic edit for now but I'll fix bits as I stumble across them.

Something else that is emerging from this SUNDOWN III edit is what I'm referring to as SUNDOWN 1.5, which is the Jared POV parts that were in the original SUNDOWN novel being put into a new novel or novella or whatever it's going to turn into. I don't know what will happen with that in the long run, but I still want to get it done.

Some of the artwork for our
forthcoming album.
Despite all the stuff I wish I could focus on right now in terms of editing, I have to focus instead on my upcoming studies and also trying to get my vocal tracks down for the new album (OBLIVION) coming out this year. I'll just have to save up all my editing energy for the end of the year once my studies are done.

On another note, I'm now behind in my annual Goodreads reading challenge, due to all the time I've spent reading my own novels instead of other people's. But I hope to catch up, if not now then at least during my week off work which is happening in late July.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha - good luck with all things ... the main thing is you're busy, occupied and have lots going on - keeps that brain ticking. Enjoy all things and I'm sure all will go well - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you'll be able to use that little bit from Sundown in another story.
    I like the direction of the album's artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priority is the name of the game. Glad you are working on what needs to be done and scheduling other things for later. It's never easy but necessary to get things done and remain sane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Alex regarding the album artwork. Nice! Sometimes I think I could revise forever lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the new album!
    And LOL, I was just listening to this, based on a recommendation from a writers forum friend in Australia, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSHsYfMq0iA&list=PL5HBZnjmuAY1Y3ERAT4XfT4s40CPkrRw0&index=9
    and what do I see but your comment? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that song! :) That was a good recommendation from your Aussie friend. :D

      Delete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!