Sunday 6 May 2012

Some writing plans for the year...and a Sunday Session!

I haven't written much in here since May began, and it's actually been nice and relaxing. I set myself a goal this year of writing at least one blog post per week, and I've always achieved that. But of course with April being the A-Z month, things got a bit full on and I was writing a lot more than just once time a week! I will also be back to write tomorrow, to reflect on my personal A-Z challenge experience. It'll be fun to read other reflection posts too. For now, I am going to mention some other things that I've got planned for the rest of 2012.

First off, in June it's BuNoWriMo time (wow, that is next month), and I've got a plot chosen for that. I had 3 plots to choose from, two old ideas and one new one. I've gone with the new one, and I'm pretty excited about it. I would describe it as being about a "Disney princess gone wrong", but I guess that doesn't really tell you much. Which is probably preferable at this stage. ;) For want of any good tentative title at all, I'm referring to the project simply as "NIGHT". As I don't even know my character's names yet, I can't name it after any of them. As for the other ideas I was considering, I may use one of them for NaNoWriMo this November. I haven't decided whether or not I'll bother attempting one of the Camp NaNo months, but I'm thinking probably not. I've got more than enough work to be getting on with as it is, as you can see by checking out my Goals 2012 page!

Anyway...now that that's out of the way, I want to talk about music! It's been a while since my Sunday Session post, but to remind those who've forgotten (and to inform those who never knew), each Sunday I had been posting about the songs I'd been listening to most in the week just gone. This week (Sunday Session #10) the song I'm sharing is by a rather iconic Australian band called the Hoodoo Gurus. I saw these guys in concert last weekend, and in the days since, I've listened to this song a lot:



Just FYI, I also saw Fu Manchu and Black Cobra in concert last night - what a rockin' gig!

9 comments:

  1. After April I think we all need a blogging rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy! ;) I've enjoyed the start of May!

      Delete
  2. BuNoWriMo? I clicked the link, but me and facebook are not always friends.

    I like the idea of going with what excites you at the moment. Hope the plot goes well for you and life is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know of any official site other than the Facebook group, sorry.

      Delete
  3. There's no way I'm doing BuNoWriMo. Thanks for the music. They have a pretty distinct sound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always seem to have so many different projects going on! :)

    Thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prince Edward Island, its in Canada XD Just like 3 hours of drive from where I am, flipping long bridge. Thanks for the comment! OMG I totally forgot about BuNoWriMo! I have to plan shiit. Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, yes I've heard of it - never visited, but I hear it's a beautiful place. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!