Friday 26 June 2015

[JUNE UPDATE] Book Club & Goals ... and Mal / Jayne






This month I have a very simple little review for you, as I am all drained of energy and steam to write a better one!

Basically ... I love this series and want to see it all on the big screen, NOW!

I really admire Marie Lu's world of LEGEND that she has built. I am going to miss the characters now that the story is over. But I guess I can always read it over again!

The description in these books, Champion included, does put me in mind of some of the anime series I've seen on DVD, and that is a good thing.

I was happy with how things wrapped up. Towards the end I was worried it was going to be some cruel cliffhanger, but thankfully Lu didn't do that to her readers!

All in all ... a thumbs up!




What I said last time, still applies this time. I am terribly sorry to say I have nothing more to say than that. I will say that I'm steadily saving up to pay for the production of my band's next album, so that's something! I guess I might just focus on that.

Oh, and THIS...

Source

This weekend is SupaNova 2015, and tonight I'm going to see Nathan Fillion & Adam Baldwin on stage together, in the flesh!! This is majorly exciting as I am a Browncoat in spirit if not in fact, e.g. don't have an actual brown coat to wear around! There are other people I'll see during the weekend who are pretty exciting too, but you can't really top Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin on a Friday night. ;)

16 comments:

  1. Legend sounds like a great series and I envy your opportunity to see the Firefly boys. Such an amazing show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to check out LEGEND. I bet I can con my 12 y/o to read it with me! Kiss Nathan for me, will ya? Cool, you're a peach.
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you make quick progress in acquiring funds for the next album. X

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a plan, and making, even just a little, progress towards it is a lot more than a lot of people. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the guys and brown coats, but I'm glad you're happy.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. FIREFLY !
    You are so lucky.
    Interesting that you like the series. Sometimes one maybe somewhat wonky.
    I understand the being tired and run down.
    Be Well.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had fun at Supernova! We had planned to go but the weekend got away from us....
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've nominated you for an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm jealous. Seriously jealous. LOVE those guys.

    I totally need to go read that series. It's only the list. Oh the list... The ever lengthening list...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that you have a series you love! Great feeling! And have a great time at Supernova. Also, may you get all the money you need to cut your next album.

    BTW, WEP is starting up again in August. Read all about it on the WEP site. Hope you can join us in August for the first challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so jealous you got to see those two hunks! how was it? tell us all about it!! pictures?

    and thanks for the review of Marie Lu's series - I need to get reading both the 2nd and 3rd books, i read the first and thoroughly enjoyed it! so much to read, so little time!

    happy july!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! Hope you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, band stuff! That sounds exciting. Where will you guys record?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to get into this series!

    And really, I'd love to top Nathan and Adam, no matter the night of the week. D-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard of this series but haven't read it - yet. I miss Firefly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!