Monday 15 September 2014

Movie Monday #1 - IF I STAY & PREDESTINATION



I'll probably never post another Movie Monday post, but in case I do, I thought I'd make this #1.

This weekend just gone I saw two movies. I saw the first one because it was the $10 movie of the week (usually tickets cost $18.50 or more). It was IF I STAY (which I'd been looking out for for quite a while). I haven't read the book, though it's been on my TBR for ages. But I absolutely loved the movie. It was tragic, it was romantic, and it had a bunch of people sitting around a fire playing the Pumpkins' classic "Today", complete with cello.

Colour me totally sold on buying this on DVD when it comes out.


I also saw PREDESTINATION, which I had heard about from a colleague and really didn't want to see. But another colleague had free tickets, and she is always kind enough to share her freebies with me. So I knew I had to go. Still, I was grossed out by the very premise, and the movie itself didn't fail to give me that "ick" feeling. This movie was weird, and intriguing, I suppose, but there's no way I ever want to watch it again. ;)

Conclusions?
I will buy the IF I STAY soundtrack, and I will read the book someday soon
(which I planned to do anyway).
And as for PREDESTINATION, I will always remember it as the movie that got me to exclaim, "What the fuck?!" as the credits began to roll.

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely want to see "If I Stay". Love anything tragic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See it, see it! I already want to see it again ... needs to come out on DVD, like NOW. ;)

      Delete
  2. When I read your title, I thought this was going to be a discussion of death and the doctrinal issue of predestination. LOL Can you tell I've had my head stuck in a laptop too long? :P

    If I Stay sounds good. I've debated buying the book even though it's not what I usually read. I'm surprised my 16-yr-old hasn't dragged me to the theater to see it. xD

    Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, no - it was way too early in the day for such talk. ha.

      I really loved IF I STAY. I recommend it, though I'd be curious what you think if it's not your usual genre. I don't really have a "usual" genre, in that I will read just about anything.

      Delete
  3. I'll have to see if I have the same reaction to Predestination...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to watch If I Stay, too. The previews look amazing. I haven't read the book, either, so I guess I will add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had heard great things about the book, and if it's even better than the movie then I will be impressed! :)

      Delete
  5. Predestination has caught my interest. I got If I Stay over the summer and read it. Beautiful Book. Also saw it in the cinema recently and the movie moved me. I really hope it gets a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be so curious to know what you think of Predestination, if you see it. :)

      I have started the book of If I Stay too.

      Delete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!